Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Sovereign Lord Is Passing By

After hearing Mike's sermon today which was really good, it reminded me of a sermon he did a few years ago, with a parallel passage. This is the poem that was born of it.

The Sovereign Lord Is Passing By

He hears the blind man’s humble cry.
“Son of David”, have mercy on me
Won’t you stop and hear my plea?”
What do you want me to do for you?”
Please come close, I pray please do.
“My sight, dear Lord, may I see your face?
Please lavish on me a bit of your grace!”
“Indeed your faith has made you well
Go spread the news, go and tell!”
Then others joined in the victory song
Praising God and following along.
He came to set the captives free,
Bringing salvation and true liberty.
To break the bonds of heaviness
And call them trees of righteousness.
Exchanging ashes for beautiful clothes
Garments of praise instead of woes,
Unbinding the weary and those who weep
Rebuilding and planting a treasure to keep.

Inspired by Pastor Mike Simmons sermon
Luke 18:35-43, Is. 61: 1-3

~G. Harlin~
Jan. 22, 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment